Today during writing my environmental science paper something dawned upon me.
I left my pen and sat there quietly giving respect to my thoughts.
It took man thousands of years to become civilized.Again thousands to build dynasties and kingdoms.
Then few hundreds to build factories and then suddenly we find ourselves in a very awkward situation where we are able to calculate how many years our resources will last if we keep consuming at the present rate.
Around 1830 we reached 1st billion ,and now in 2015 we grew to 7 billion.
Is this planet only for us? So many species are living with us sharing our resources and we are just using everything for ourselves.
I am not adverse to change and speed of change but shouldn't we stop or better say halt at some point and take a look around?
our destination might have descended down the horizon.The speed with which we are moving ahead,leave aside the resources,leave aside the pollution, even leave aside the population , just think how far can we go.
My mind gave a picture,and I am trying to paint it for you. Just imagine yourself to be a man living in 1600's the things of today would have been sorcery.
But when I think what after 400 hundred years, I can find no answer. I am not even able to tell what after next 100 years.
Day before yesterday they found evidences of water on mars,now moon seems like the picnic spot. Mars seems like the new world was to Europeans.
We will definitely relocate in next few decades.The speed with which these tings are happening surely frightens me.
I don't know why but it does. I don't want to relocate and i want my earth to be the same at-least for few thousands of years more.
Can you tell me where would be after 1000 years? The age of sun is 5 billion years and it is expected to be like this for next 5 Billion years.
But can we even last for next 5000? I want us to last. We came just 10,000 years back and at-least deserve to be here for some more time. So what do you think, we are struggling now and then also running with our heads down and eyes towards the ground. I think its time to look up.!
It's time to choose between the next hundred or to do something for lasting the full 5000.
I left my pen and sat there quietly giving respect to my thoughts.
It took man thousands of years to become civilized.Again thousands to build dynasties and kingdoms.
Then few hundreds to build factories and then suddenly we find ourselves in a very awkward situation where we are able to calculate how many years our resources will last if we keep consuming at the present rate.
Around 1830 we reached 1st billion ,and now in 2015 we grew to 7 billion.
Is this planet only for us? So many species are living with us sharing our resources and we are just using everything for ourselves.
I am not adverse to change and speed of change but shouldn't we stop or better say halt at some point and take a look around?
our destination might have descended down the horizon.The speed with which we are moving ahead,leave aside the resources,leave aside the pollution, even leave aside the population , just think how far can we go.
My mind gave a picture,and I am trying to paint it for you. Just imagine yourself to be a man living in 1600's the things of today would have been sorcery.
But when I think what after 400 hundred years, I can find no answer. I am not even able to tell what after next 100 years.
Day before yesterday they found evidences of water on mars,now moon seems like the picnic spot. Mars seems like the new world was to Europeans.
We will definitely relocate in next few decades.The speed with which these tings are happening surely frightens me.
I don't know why but it does. I don't want to relocate and i want my earth to be the same at-least for few thousands of years more.
Can you tell me where would be after 1000 years? The age of sun is 5 billion years and it is expected to be like this for next 5 Billion years.
But can we even last for next 5000? I want us to last. We came just 10,000 years back and at-least deserve to be here for some more time. So what do you think, we are struggling now and then also running with our heads down and eyes towards the ground. I think its time to look up.!
It's time to choose between the next hundred or to do something for lasting the full 5000.
Comments
Post a Comment